Well, That Sucks…
Course Cost: $550
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Requirements: Open Enrollment | End User
There are bad days at the office… and then there are really, really bad days at the office. “Well, That Sucks” explores the latter. Students will learn to employ the handgun and carbine while problem solving different simulated injuries. Improvised aide, TQ application and evacuation are worked through then performed on demand under stress. Communication, teamwork, movement, accelerated manipulations and task vs. priority all play a major role in this course. This is NOT a basic or beginners’ course and is physically demanding; please come prepared.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines (5 if single stack) and magazine pouch.
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the holster in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions. No SERPA or Vanguard type holsters.
- Carbine with sling. A minimum of 3 magazines and a method to secure them is required. Carbine needs to be zeroed prior to class.
- 400 rounds handgun / 300 rounds carbine (no green tip)
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, knee pads and elbow pads are optional.
- Full duty belt / tactical loadout or Concealed carry (your normal work / carry setup).
- Notepad, pen and perm marker.
- Water and snacks.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to legally carry a firearm.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Previous intermediate to advanced firearms training to include courses of fire where movement, barricades, working around others, communicating and adverse shooting positions were addressed.
- May 13, 2019 - May 14, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- September 25, 2019 - September 26, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm