Undercover Rescue Operations
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Requirements: Current (active duty) LE / MIL / GOV Credentials
Undercover Rescue Operations (Vehicle Based) is an accelerated tactics class focused on the ‘vehicle assault’ to facilitate the rescue of an undercover (UC) officer or agent. Classroom presentations will include case studies, with supporting videos, of UC officers being armed robbed inside vehicles. These case studies will facilitate a data-based review of the actions of UC officers and their cover teams during actual undercover narcotics operation ‘rips.’ Students will be exposed to ballistic demonstrations to explore the terminal effects of a variety of ammunition as it relates to different types of vehicles. Students will participate in live-fire drills to facilitate critical weapons employment while moving in and around vehicles from various shooting positions. The course will cover the planning, personnel, and equipment requirements necessary to establish a base-line rescue or cover team element. The class will progress with the introduction of the ‘vehicle assault’ tactic to rescue a UC during the active critical moment from either inside or near a vehicle. These tactics will be initially conveyed via walk-throughs, considering critical factors such as hasty vehicle breaching and UC fighting techniques inside the vehicle. The course will culminate with scenario-based training focused of the vehicle deployment of the rescue team to execute a vehicle assault to rescue a UC.
Goal: Expose law enforcement officers to a baseline set of tactics, techniques, and procedures to facilitate the successful rescue of an UC officer / agent from inside or near a vehicle.
Prerequisites / Experience: Comprehensive firearm safety, basic weapons employment kills and basic level of physical fitness.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines (5 if single stack) and magazine pouch.
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the holster in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions. No SERPA or Vanguard type holsters.
- 500 rounds handgun
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, knee pads are mandatory. Elbow pads and shemagh (face wrap) are optional.
- Normal CCW or Full duty belt / tactical loadout (your normal work or EDC setup).
- Notepad, pen and perm marker.
- Water and snacks.