Sold Out Vehicle Interdiction Techniques in Reno, NV
August 7, 2023 - August 8, 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Course Requirements: Current Law Enforcement/Military Only
The V.I.T. course takes a critical look at the principles, logistics and realities of interdicting a vehicle while in transit. Various progressive techniques are examined in a pro / con fashion from an academic viewpoint and then carried out in scripted and opposed formats at real speed. Students will be exposed to various practical means in effectively mitigating the inherent risk of vehicles in motion and the unknown threats they contain. This course will have long days and is very hands on intensive… little is left to the theoretical.
This Course Will Cover:
- Principles of vehicle interdictions.
- Hasty vs. planed vehicle interdictions.
- Training and live interdiction safety protocols.
- Vehicle ballistics and human factors.
- Officer staging, movement and positioning.
- Pins, blocks and PITS.
- Breaching and extractions.
- Less than ideal positioning, lighting and circumstances.
- V.I.T. is a 20 hour course, taught in a 2 day format.
Venue: Regional Public Safety Training Center
Venue Website: https://www.rpstc-reno.comAddress:
5190 Spectrum Blvd., Reno, Nevada, 89512
|50% Deposit||$500.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
|Full Tuition||$1,000.00 (USD)||Sold Out|