UpcomingRDS Instructor in Olympia, WA
- May 10, 2021 - May 12, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a three-day live fire class, conducted at an accelerated pace, which emphasizes preparing the shooter for employing the RDS equipped pistol successfully. This is done by developing simple, repeatable motor programs that work under stress. This is not a beginner pistol class and shooters are expected to already have the ability to safely handle and employ the pistol. Class will run approximately 9-10 hours a day.
Your instructor can be reached via email at DSmith@centrifugetraining.com.
- Safety brief/med plan
- Care and maintenance of the RDS equipped pistol
- Mindset and myths of the dot
- RDS pistol fundamentals and offset
- Finding the dot from the draw
- Body mechanics
- Recoil management
- Multiple targets
- Support hand/strong hand only employment
- RDS Specific malfunctions
- Positional shooting
- Low-light both handheld and weapon mounted light
Individual Equipment List:
- RDS Equipped handgun and holster with at least 3 magazines
- Weapon mounted light (optional)
- Duty belt and gear if applicable
- 1000 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Handheld flashlight
- Ear and eye protection
- Spare batteries for lights carried
- Tourniquet and personal med kit
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Weapon specific cleaning kit
- Hat (optional)
- Clothing appropriate for season, knee pads strongly recommended
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to legally carry a firearm.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Current/active LE/MIL credentials