Upcoming Patrol Tactics Instructor in Bristol, VA
August 7, 2023 - August 11, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration with full tuition will be available on 1/1/2023. Until then, you are welcome to reserve your place with a 50% deposit.
Course Requirements: Current LE / MIL / GOV
Please register with an agency email address to eliminate additional steps to verify credentials.
Registration with full tuition payment will be open on 01/01/2023. In the meantime, you are welcome to reserve your spot with a 50% deposit. Please note that if you register with a 50% deposit, the balance may be due as soon as 30 days prior to training. You will be invoiced separately via email.
The Patrol Tactics Instructor (PTI) course is a 5-day program focusing on common problems found in residential structures. Due to the reduced number of officers often available to clear a structure in response to a call, this course will focus solely on “patrol shift tactics”, which utilizes a reduced number of personnel (generally 2 to 3).
The PTI course will instruct the tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of patrol shift tactics, provide for repetition of those TTPs, and evaluate the use of the TTPs under opposition with the use of NLTA equipment.
The curriculum will also include a review of law enforcement data regarding “structure” calls for service and response; a discussion related to human behavior and how it influences TTPs, as well as, decision making under stress; and low light considerations.
Upon successful completion of the course, including instructor evaluated blocks, participants will receive the necessary instructor material to provide Centrifuge Training’s patrol shift tactics curriculum to their department.
Individual Equipment List:
- Full duty belt / tactical loadout / plain clothes (your normal work setup).
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- 250 rounds 9mm NLTA marking rounds / 150 rounds .556 NLTA marking rounds / 50 9mm blank NLTA rounds
- Corresponding weapons/conversions for your chosen NLTA platform. We can provide this if you are using UTM/purchasing the UTM kit through us.
- Long sleeve shirt and gloves are mandatory for simunition use. Knee pads, elbow pads and groin protection are optional.
- Handheld flashlight(s), extra batteries and clear eye protection for low light work.
- Weapon (pistol) mounted flashlight is optional.
- Holster that will accommodate a Glock 17 T.
- Notepad and pen.
- Water and snacks.
Venue: Southwest Virginia Criminal Justice Academy