Low Light Instructor
Course Cost: $975 *Please note that as of 3/13/19, this price includes your UTM ammunition. If you registered prior to this date and need to purchase your NLTA rounds, please contact us via email.*
Course Duration: 4 Days
Course Requirements: LE / MIL / GOV
Low Light Instructor is an accelerated instructors' course focused on scotopic environment manipulation. Instructors will push the boundaries of “traditional” low light and no light engagements in true 3D environments. An in-depth look into weapon and equipment manipulations, human anatomy, principles of light employment and movement will occur both on the range and in the classroom. Low light myths and status quos will be challenged as instructors explore the reality of critical engagements through force on force. Drills will incorporate threat identification, adverse shooting platforms, simunitions and instructor teach-backs. It is our goal that the Low Light material taken from this class can safely and efficiently be implemented into a department's in-service training program. We will have very long days on the range, please come prepared.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines (5 if single stack) and magazine pouch.
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the holster in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions. No SERPA or Vanguard type holsters.
- Carbine with sling. A weapon mounted light is strongly recommended (if allowed by department SOP). A minimum of 3 magazines and a method to secure them is required. Carbine needs to be zeroed prior to class.
- 400 rounds handgun / 400 rounds carbine (no green tip) ammunition
- 400 rounds of simunitions / Force on Force / UTM etc *Please note that as of 3/13/19, your UTM ammunition is included in your tuition. If you registered prior to this date and need to purchase your NLTA rounds, please contact us via email.*
- Corresponding marking system for above marking rounds (handgun and or carbine). *Please note that as of 3/13/19, your UTM ammunition is included in your tuition. If you registered prior to this date and plan to bring your own NLTA, please note that we will not have conversions for anything other than UTM systems.*
- Force on force helmet and neck protection. *We can provide this, but please bring your own if you do not want to share with fellow students.*
- Groin protection (sports cup).
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, knee pads are mandatory. Elbow pads and shemagh (face wrap) are optional.
- Full duty belt / tactical loadout (your normal work setup).
- Handheld flashlight(s), extra batteries and clear eye protection for low light work.
- Headlamp is strongly recommended.
- 4 chem lights (any color).
- Notepad, pen, perm marker and thumb drive (needs 4 gigs of available space).
- Multi tool (Multitasker / Gerber / Leatherman).
- Water and snacks.
- Current LE / MIL / GOV credentials.
- Recognized basic instructor cert (i.e. POST, TCOLE, NRA LE, etc) is mandatory.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Recognized Firearms / Tactics / CQB Instructor Certifications are recommended but not required.
- Previous intermediate to advanced firearms training to include courses of fire where movement, barricades, working around others, communicating and adverse shooting positions were addressed.
- May 6, 2019 - May 10, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Full Tuition||$1,500.00 (USD)||Sold Out|