High Risk Vehicle Stops Instructor Workshop
Course Cost: $550
Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Requirements: LE / MIL / GOV
High Risk Vehicle Stops Instructor Workshop takes a critical look at the traditional “Felony Car Stop”. An extensive live vehicle ballistics demo on various mediums will examine bullet deflection and deformation. A comprehensive look at vehicular cover and concealment will then be directly applied to the footwork and logistics of high risk stops and approaches.
Various force on force simunition scenarios, along with video and the ballistics data collected, will be utilized to both validate and debunk an array of high risk vehicle tactics. This is a problem solving course, come prepared.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun and magazine pouch.
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the holster in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions. No SERPA or Vanguard type holsters.
- Carbine with sling. A weapon mounted light is strongly recommended (if allowed by department SOP).
- 10 rounds of defensive or duty handgun / 10 rounds of defensive or duty carbine / Shotgun slug or 00’buck if applicable
- 250 rounds of simunitions / Force on Force / UTM etc
- Corresponding marking system for above marking rounds (handgun and or carbine).
- Force on force helmet and neck protection.
- Groin protection (sports cup).
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, knee pads are mandatory. Elbow pads and shemagh (face wrap) are optional.
- Full duty belt / tactical loadout (your normal work setup).
- Handheld flashlight, extra batteries and clear eye protection for low light work.
- 2 chem lights (any color).
- Notepad, pen, perm marker and thumb drive (needs 4 gigs of available space).
- Multi tool (Multitasker / Gerber / Leatherman).
- Water and snacks.
- Current LE / mil / gov credentials.
- Recognized basic instructor cert (i.e. POST, TCOLE, NRA LE, etc) is mandatory.
- FTO (Field training officer) or Academy cadre status can be used in lieu of an Instructor cert.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Recognized Firearms / Tactics / CQB Instructor Certifications are recommended but not required.
- Previous intermediate to advanced firearms training to include courses of fire where movement, barricades, working around others, communicating and adverse shooting positions were addressed.
- July 27, 2019 - July 28, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 13, 2019 - November 14, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|50% Deposit||$250.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
|Full Tuition||$500.00 (USD)||Sold Out|