Course Duration: 2 Days
Course Requirements: Open Enrollment
Defensive Handgun focuses on the fundamentals of employing the handgun for daily carry or duty use. Topics covered include safe tactics, fundamentals review, manipulations, administrative loading/unloading, empty reloads, malfunction reduction, immediate action, remedial action, target transitions, threat transitions, multiple threat engagements, muzzle discipline, threat discrimination, shoot/no shoot, ground work, and static movement.
Individual Equipment List:
- Daily carry or assigned duty handgun w/ minimum 3 magazines
- Sturdy belt w/ quality holster specific to handgun or duty holster
- Magazine pouch(es)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- 650 rounds of quality handgun ammunition
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to legally carry a firearm.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.