Expired3 Day VCQB® in Homestead, FL
- March 16, 2020 - March 18, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The three day variation of this course is generally LE/MIL only, but our host has graciously agreed to open it to civilians.
Vehicle CQB is an accelerated shooting class focused on positional shooting and a critical look at how we have historically fought in and around vehicles. The course is designed primarily for the LE end user but is applicable to civilian application as well. Students will push the boundaries of “traditional” cover and concealment utilizing various cars and trucks in a true 3D environment. Drills will incorporate critical weapon employment of the handgun and carbine while engaging threats in, around, from, over and under vehicles with a heavy emphasis on problem solving and discretionary engagements. Live ballistic demos with a variety of ammunition will be conducted as the class explores ballistic deflection, deformation, penetration and terminal effect in direct correlation to various vehicle mediums. All 3 days of this course will be long days, so come prepared. Day 3 is an intro to low-light. There is a lecture on low-light principals, range work up on proper implementation of the handheld and Weapon Mounted Lights. The course will culminate with integration of both the handheld light and Weapon Mounted Light’s into a seamless system with vehicle based applications.
Individual Equipment List:
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines (5 if single stack) and magazine pouch.
- Carbine with at least 3 magazines and proper support gear allowing carry and access to spare magazines.
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the holster in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions. No SERPA or Vanguard type holsters.
- 2 chem lights or other acceptable forms of PID
- 800 rounds handgun ammunition.
- 800 rounds carbine ammunition.
- Handheld flashlight.
- Weapon Mounted Light for handgun and carbine (not mandatory).
- CAT or SOF T TQ on your person is mandatory an IFAK is recommended.
- Cleaning kit and gun lube.
- Eye protection and electronic ear protection.
- Long sleeve shirt, gloves, knee pads are mandatory. Elbow pads and shemagh (face wrap) are optional.
- Normal CCW or Full duty belt / tactical loadout (your normal work or EDC setup).
- Notepad, pen and permanent marker.
- Water and snacks.
Venue: Homestead Training Center
Venue Website: http://shoothtc.com/Address:
This venue requires an $15 per day range fee.