Sold Out RDS Instructor in Simsbury, CT
April 17, 2023 - April 19, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Registration for this course is restricted to Connecticut State Police until 1/15/22. At that time, registration will be open to the general (LE/MIL) public.
Course Requirements: Current LE / MIL / GOV
Please register with an agency email address to eliminate additional steps to verify credentials.
Registration with full tuition will be available on 1/1/2023. Until then, you are welcome to reserve your place with a 50% deposit. Please note that if you register with a 50% deposit, the balance may be due as soon as 30 days prior to training. You will be invoiced separately via email.
This is a three-day live fire class, conducted at an accelerated pace, which emphasizes preparing the shooter for employing the RDS equipped pistol successfully. This is done by developing simple, repeatable motor programs that work under stress. This is not a beginner pistol class and shooters are expected to already have the ability to safely handle and employ the pistol. Class will run approximately 9-10 hours a day.
- Safety brief/med plan
- Care and maintenance of the RDS equipped pistol
- Mindset and myths of the dot
- RDS pistol fundamentals and offset
- Finding the dot from the draw
- Body mechanics
- Recoil management
- Multiple targets
- Support hand/strong hand only employment
- RDS Specific malfunctions
- Positional shooting
- Low-light both handheld and weapon mounted light
Individual Equipment List:
- RDS Equipped handgun and holster with at least 3 magazines
- Weapon mounted light (optional)
- Duty belt and gear if applicable
- 1000 rounds of handgun ammunition
- Handheld flashlight
- Ear and eye protection
- Spare batteries for lights carried
- Tourniquet and personal med kit
- Pen and paper for note taking
- Weapon specific cleaning kit
- Hat (optional)
- Clothing appropriate for season, knee pads strongly recommended
- Current/active Law Enforcement or Military credentials.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
Venue: Connecticut State Police Firearms Training Unit