ExpiredPatrol Rifle Instructor at Range 35
June 15, 2019 - June 17, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This 30+ hour class is designed to give instructors tools, techniques and methodology to effectively and safely train peace officers to use and carry the patrol rifle on duty; This course will prepare instructors to efficiently teach patrol rifle classes to officers and recruits. Instructors will learn the techniques and skills necessary to conduct realistic training and qualifications that meet and exceed State standards.
- Rifle selection
- Gear selection
- Shooting Positions
- Low-Light application
- Patrol Rifle Program implementation
- Instructor development
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to legally carry a firearm.
- Able to demonstrate and employ safe weapons handling during courses of fire.
- Previous intermediate to advanced firearms training.
- ZEROED Patrol rifle that meets department policy and MUST include a weapon-mounted light, sling and iron sights. Optics are a welcomed addition; but the rifle must have iron sights. WE WILL NOT ZERO BEFORE THE MORNING QUALIFICATION ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS.
- A minimum of three rifle magazines.
- Duty belt with duty handgun and at least 3 magazines. Pistol mounted lights are strongly encouraged, if your department authorizes their use.
- At least one duty hand-held flashlight.
- Ballistic vest and/or rifle plate carrier is strongly recommended
- Eye / ear protection (clear and tinted eye pro)
- Black Sharpie(s)
- AR-15 front sight tool and any tools needed for sighting optics
- Gun cleaning equipment for rifle / pistol
- 1,000 rounds of rifle ammunition
- 400 rounds of handgun ammunition
Venue: Range 35
This facility charges a $20 per day range fee. Please be prepared to pay this in cash on day one of your course.